- The Pre-primary Programme at Zee school comprises of Lower and Upper Kindergarten (LKG & UKG)
- The objective of the pre-primary programme is to build a firm foundation for lifelong learning A child's early learning experiences help shape his/her outlook on life and powerfully influence his/her style of learning & behaviour.
- The corner stone of our early childhood programme is based on the fact that each child has unique potential which needs to be tapped through his/her unique learning style. The pre-primary curriculum is delivered through the ILLUME approach. By planning learning opportunities with your children's unique personality styles in mind, we nurture their positive feelings about themselves.
- We help them learn what they are good at, what they enjoy and what makes them feel good about themselves. The integrated method is holistic and child-cantered with no arbitrary compartmentalization of subjects. It seeks to give a complete experience to your child within his/her range of experience and understanding. The approach goes a long way towards shaping a wholesome and healthy personality and it gets him/her prepared for primary school.
- The children in this age group are introduced to the crucial stage in the educational process. The main objective at this stage is that your child develops the basic skills that would mould him/her to be a literate adult. The three R's - Reading, writing, and arithmetic are the foundations that will enable the child to read, write in a language and innumeracy - the ability to understand numbers and numerical concepts and use them effectively.
- The curriculum at this stage is delivered through the Litera Octave approach. The competency based curriculum encourages thinking, exploring, questioning and performing. This helps the children to go beyond the textbook. It does not stress on rote learning, but helps the concepts which lay the foundation for all future learning. The child starts to define himself/herself based on their attribute and achievements which pave their path seamlessly to the middle school.
- The main objective of this stage is to help the children make connections, between the meaningful experiences in life and the course of study. Math may be used while shopping, during games and making deals, science reveals things that are seen in the world around, social sciences add a meaning to the past.... The student is ready to be an active contributor to his/her own life and is ready to discover more... They are no longer just learning to read, they are reading to learn.
- The curriculum builds on the primary stage, and develops children's concepts and knowledge in Mathematics, English, Science, Humanities and local languages. With an integrated package of teaching, learning and assessment through the Litera Octave approach, the child is directed towards independent learning, and is guided to take responsibility.
The school has an extremely committed and qualified faculties that constantly strives to make learning a pleasurable experience for children and works to realize the potential of each child. Each teacher's interaction with the students goes beyond the usual facilitator's areas of pastoral and parental concern. Bringing back joy into learning in an exemplary manner is the objective of the teachers at zee school. The teachers constantly upgrade their professional skills through a multitude of in-house training programmes along with workshops conducted by other experts. Under the guidance of these talented teachers, the children at zee school embark on their voyage to become wholesome individuals.
Value Education does not form a separate dimension of the curriculum but is integrally interwoven into the entire fabric of the curriculum. Stress is laid on developing a methodical and disciplined approach to life; to have a discriminating mind, the courage to trade new paths and to follow the dictates of one's own conscience even if it means being different.